List of features ...
The Enna project, as many Open Source projects, is in
constant development and new features are regularly
added. Some already exist and are part of the stable
release, others might exist but are yet to unstable to be
daily used. Some might not even be yet in our minds. You're
all welcome to contribute, even by submitting your
interesting ideas of for new shiny features.
Currently Supported ...
- Activity / BookStore: read your favorite books
from over the Internet. We currently
support GoComics and
OneManga content providers.
- Activity / Configuration: get information from
your system and configure it (as well as Enna) quite easily.
- Activity / Music: listen to your favorite
songs. It currently can display your music cover, the usual
metadata information (song title, artist, album) and lyrics
- Activity / Photo: provide a pictures wall
representation of your photo collection. Also supports
customizable slideshow effects.
- Activity / Video: watch your favorite movies and
TV Shows. Enna automatically fetches information from
your media to display cover, fanart pictures, synopsis,
categories, users rating, actors, directors and such a like.
- Activity / Weather: displays the current weather
at your location and the 4-days forecast. Weather
information are provided
by Google Web services.
- Browser / DVD Video: let you play your personnal
- Browser / Local Files: let you browse your local
file system (HDDs, USB keys, SAMBA/NFS mounted network shares ...)
- Browser / Media Database: All accessible media
files are automatically parsed by Enna and stored in
database. You can then browse your favorite media
collection by type, categories, artist and so on.
- Input / Keyboard and Mouse: multiple inputs are
available, keyboard and mouse obviously are. Interface has
been designed to be controllable with minimalistic
controls. A 2-buttons mouse should do the job. Through
keyboard, the 4 arrows, Enter and Backspace keys also
- Input / LIRC: let you control Enna through any
LIRC-compatible remote control. All you need is a
well-configured lircrc file.
- Volumes / HAL: through Linux Hardware Abstraction
Layer, Enna can auto-detect any hot-(un)plugged device.
- Volumes / mtab: reading the /etc/mtab
file, Enna allows you to access to all relevant mounted locations
Soon to be ...
- Activity / Games: let you start all games
available on your system.
- Activity / TV: Enna will interact
with Video Disk Recorder
(VDR) to provide you access to your favorite DVB TV channels.
- Browser / Audio CD: let you play your Audio CDs,
with the ability to fetch meta information from CDDB base.
- Browser / Network Streams: let you access to
remote network streams through M3U, PLS, MMS protocols.
- Browser / Podcasts: play your favorite PODcasts.
- Browser / SHOUTcast: listen to
all SHOUTcast free Internet Radios.
- Browser / UPnP and DLNA: let you browse your LAN for
UPnP and DLNA compatible servers and play their multimedia content.
Nothing but a lifetime wish for now ...
- Instant Messaging
- VoIP Telephony
- Video Conference and TelePresence